[Harp-L] Re: Loud drunk guitar players

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I think alot of guitar players crank up until they get the tone they want. It doesn't matter if it's too loud to them. As long as they get the sound they want. Just like harp players like to crank their amps up until they're ready to feedback. The only difference is they're using bigger amps that don't break up until they're blowin you away while we're using our 15w amps.

A little note on handling loud guitarists. 6 months ago we had a Eddie Van Halen wanna be come to the jam. This guy was a model for everything not to do at a jam. Playing too loud, throwing the guitar around his back and catching it in the front, playing with his teeth and setting his beer on another guitars players custom tweed amp are just a few things he did that were in bad taste. Anyway, on one occasion while was soloing he went to throw the guitar around his back and the strap came off. So now he's trying to finish his solo while holding his guitar up. While doing so he steps off the front of the stage so the crowd can further experience his guitar mastery. He gets one foot off the stage and boink!...the guitar cord is to short and pulls hime back. By this time the bass player must have gotten annoyed by all this. So to make matters worse, the bass player starts playing a half step lower in key. No need to tell you how horrible this made the guitar solo sound. So here's this guy struggling to balance himself off the front of the stage while trying to hold his guitar up and play a solo in the wrong key. One of the funniest things I've ever seen!
    The next week the guy shows up to redeem himself. This time he brings his own rhythm section. By the time he gets up at the end of the night there is nobody left to listen to him. I mean 0 people! The audience all left and the remaining musicians went outside in protest. I havn't seen him since.