Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Song suggestions?

In a message dated 8/26/2007 7:45:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
EGS1217@xxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone have a good  suggestion what
> instrumental peice I might  play for such an  event?

Whatever you decide, the most moving and successful songs are ones that are
very well recognized by all the attendees (mostly non-musicians, probably).
That's why "Amazing Grace" works so well. It is a beautiful melody and everyone
 recognizes it.

The obscure tunes that are pretty are not as effective in reaching the
heart/souls of the audience.

My suggestion is to keep it as main stream as possible.

The Iceman