Re: [Harp-L] Blues harp of choice?

A month or so ago, I would probably have said Special 20, but I recently played a couple of gigs where I could hear the harp really well. I was switching between special 20s and Blues Harps, and I have to say that the Blues Harps were louder, had much nicer tone, and were way easier to play. And this is after about twenty years of switching betweeen the two.

maurice

jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm probably opening up an endless thread here, but I'm curious. Say you're at a blues jam. You've got a nice sounding mic, nice sounding amp and you're ready to wail on a good old Chicago
style blues. What off-the-shelf harp would you reach for? I know my own preference, but I'm
curious what others prefer.

--

maurice richard libby

aka Whiteboy Slim

nominated "best Blues Act" -2005 Toronto Independent Music Awards

http://www.whiteboy-slim.com

to buy CDs --> http://www.cdbaby.com/all/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim

EPK --> http://www.sonicbids.com/whiteboyslim2