Re: [Harp-L] Re: Loud (Chromatics)

On 8/26/07, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Jonathan Metts <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I think it has a lot to do with your own tone
>
> I agree with this
>
> > (which seems to be produced differently than on diatonic harps).
>
> But I disagree with this, even though Fernando also made this
> statement.
>
> Fundamentally good harmonica is produced the same on chromatic and
> diatonic.

What I meant to say is that one should not expect to have automatic good
tone on the chrom just because one has a good tone on the diatonic. There
are differences which will take some time to get used to, and shouldn't be a
source of frustration.

Other than that you are right, fundamentally it is the same. I believe that
I have good tone on the chromatic, though I have not much experience with
it. And I believe this is so because of my experience with the diats.

Cheers,
F.