Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:46:49 -0700
From: "Guy Buxman" <gbuxman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel vs. OTC harps

  Greetings fellow listers,
I've been playing Lee Oskar major diatonics almost exclusively and the
occasional Honer Blues Harp.  With all the discussions about premium
 harps
from the likes of Seydel, Working Man's Harps, etc, I'm becoming
curious;  might an intermediate player discern much difference between
 say,
a stock Lee Oskar and a Seydel Blues Session Standard?  If so, what
 might I
expect to find?  I've always presumed that unless you're a heavy
 overblower,
you don't need anything custom.

I think I'm finally curious enough to buy a set of Blues Sessions if
 they'll
offer an advantage of my Lee Oskars.

The Seydel Blues Session Standards are very affordable at $27-$37,
 while the
1847's go for $85.00 each (but they sure look beautiful!).  Is there a
significant difference in tone, action, longevity?

Thanks in advance!

- GB