[Harp-L] reed going flat when played hard

I have 2 problems and would appreciate input.  I'm trying to save one  of my
harps that was a good harp -- till yesterday.
 I just embossed (with a socket and glasscutter) and gapped a Lee  Oskar Db
harp that wasn't playing to my satisfaction.  I slipped  with the glass cutter
and ruined the 6 hole blow reed.  So I replaced  it with a reed from a Hohner
SP20, which turns out to be short, despite my  checking the slot measurements
shown on Pat Missin's site.  The info  for short slotted harps indicates that
the SP20 reed is both longer and  wider. Is a LO key of Db a long slot?  One
other  possibility is that LO rivets are larger in diameter than Hohner rivets
and i  had to open the hole in the Hohner reed to get the rivet in. It pretty
much goes  without saying that this hole now plays badly.  Comments and
suggestions?
  Something I did has affected the tunings, esp. in my 7  hole blow.  It went
drastically sharp so I tuned it down so that  it's more in the ballpark.  But
now this reed goes way sharp the harder I  blow.  I've never before
experienced such a drastic variation caused by  volume of breath.  Comments and
suggestions?
ron