[Harp-L] SPAH

I was really pleased with my first SPAH convention experience.  There were dozens of amazing events, but one of the most hair-raising moments occurred at the James Conway/Stan Harper seminar regarding tongue switching.  Stan is a veteran chromatic player, and ohmygod can he play!  He was casually tossing off Bach pieces with breakneck speed and scary accuracy to demonstrate the usefulness of rapid tongue switching. Awesome!

  And it was great to be in an environment with so many people that share a passion for the instrument and the music it can produce.  Hangin' with folks like Tom Albanese, Rosco Selley, George Brooks, Jimmy Gorden, Joe Filisko, Grant Kessler, Buzz Kranz, Adam Gussow - for a harmonica hobbyist like me, this is as good as it gets.

  Mr. G (Chris Gillock)

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.