Re: [Harp-L] Gapping Reeds

Can anyone supply close up pictures of properly gapped reedplates?
Also shoud both plated be equally gapped or should the blow or draw plate reeds be closer or further??
Thanks

I measured the gaps of reeds on eight chromatics that played well and averaged the measurements for each reed. Then I made a CAD drawing making it easy to "see" the gaps compared to a .080" wide reeds. Not all reeds are .080" wide. The "pictures" of the gaps are ten times life size.

I gapped a 2016 using the data aand it plays well.

I claim that you can use it for gapping reeds that will play well. Then if you wish to customize the gaps for bending, overblowing, etc, you can use the pictures as a starting point.

I cannot post a picture on harp-l. Email me off-list for a copy of the diagram. It is a big *.bmp file.

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com