[Harp-L] Mic Recommendations

James wrote:
  "I have only begun playing amplified harp. Its been so long, I don't  know what's out there. I remember the Shure "Green Microphone". Does  anyone have any recommendations for a start. Can you purchase a decent  microphone for $100.?
Thanks for all your suggestions.
James"

  James, if you're interested in limiting your initial investment (perhaps until you have some practice and therefore a more specific undertanding of your long term requirements), a purpose built, HiZ harmonica mic is available for $20 (inc postage).  See http://home.alltel.net/lemurcat/

  You'll need to get a standard guitar lead to plug it into an amp.  Mine is currently shipping, so I have no firsthand experience.  But it sure looks like a good starting point!

  Cheers

  Maka

Get the World's number 1 free email service. Find out more.