Re: [Harp-L] RE: Performing - Don't forget your audience

I went to a Jeff Beck concert 3 years ago. Jeff, Tony
Hymus and Terry Bozzio started playing and went for at
least an hour before Jeff finally introduced the group
and the next song, People Get Ready, and played for
another 45 minutes.  Jeff was gracious in his thanks
for all in attendance but said no more all night, he
let his guitar and band do the speaking.  I was not
disappointed at all as I went for the sonic and
musical experience not a speech.  Now Jeff has made
his career that way and by some standards and
popularity contests could have done better.  I will go
to see him again before most other musicians.

Lenny Henderson
http://lennyharp.net