[Harp-L] Festival rigs...

When you guys are playing outdoors, what kind of rig to you bring?

  Think outside with a good pa and a full band.  We're a five piece.  Last week I used a Double Trouble in a big tent on a big stage.  FOH sounded great on our recording.  On stage it was just enough when aimed at me.  I usually try to avoid harp in the monitors since I then have better control of feeback.

  I am starting to think that smaller amps are totally the way to go.  True that onstage they may not sound as huge, but you can mic a small amp into sounding even better.  If the sound guy has to take your big amp out of the mix because it is loud, then you'll sound smaller then a mic'ed Champ.

  If I were to do it all over again (and know that I had a good PA on a regular basis) I would have worried about getting a small to midsize amp (like Harp Gear, Mini-Meat, Cruncher) as opposed to a 4x10.

  HOWEVER, that's only if I know I'll have a good PA.  If I were on the road at it was hit or miss, I'd rather have a large amp (or better yet, a couple of smaller amps in stereo).

  Thoughts???

Mike Fugazzi
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.