[Harp-L] Bushuki vs. Suzman (was Suzuki Harps and Reed Material)

In a message dated 8/10/2007 10:19:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time, daniel
writes:

Depending on taste, the Soul's Voice is arguably an improvement  over the
Seydel Session.  I intend to purchase more of both.  The  Soul's Voice has
upgraded cover plates and is gapped wider out of the box.   After a break in period
or a gapping, they will become identical except for the  cover plates.
......much snipped...........
There's a good issue for  debate!  Who makes/markets the best box?  Which
brand comes out of the  box tuned top dead center, whether or not you like the
tuning.  My votes go  to Lee Oskar and Seydel.

Interesting post and good research, re  costs and comparisons.  I'll save it
for reference.
Fwiw,  I'm not a fan of pouches or boxes since i don't use them and havent in
40  years.  I keep my gig harps in a small suitcase type case, so I prefer
to omit costly boxes in order  to bring down costs and avoid  waste.
Re a break in period, it has been stated many times  on this list that this
is a myth.  It's said that metal doesn't work  that way, and that harps don't
require a break-in period.
Re  tunings, what do you mean by "top dead center" - consistency?
  Lastly, for archival purposes, I suggest we title our  posts with something
that can be looked up at a future date in the  archives.
Respectfully yours,
ron