Re: [Harp-L] Howard Levy playing "Amazing Grace" (St. Sabina'sChurch, Chicago)

In a message dated 8/9/2007 8:49:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

It goes  without saying that any harp player who doesn't take their hat
off to  Howard is a bloody fool. My remark was one expressing personal
taste.  Howard's technique is a preposterous marvel, but if I was going
to choose a  performance of Amazing Grace to take to a desert island,
there would be  long list before I got to this one.

Because of the acoustics of this church, the fast passages are lost in the
natural reverb becoming sonic mush.. I would have taken that into consideration
 and focused on longer tones if it had been my gig, but that is what artistic
 license is all about.

The Iceman