Re: [Harp-L] Lip pressure

In a message dated 8/9/2007 10:00:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tombaehr@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So,  whatcha gonna call it? "Single note playing" is also tongue block,
u-block and  corner switching. I've never heard "pucker" called anything else, and
there  have been very lively discussions of all these techniques on "another"
discussion group I participate in. It's a term accepted by the vast majority
of players, and your opinion isn't about to change it. Get over  it.

With my students, I call it "Single Note Embouchure".

Using words like suck, blow, pucker do affect the way people approach their
harmonica. Change the vocabulary, change the results. I have 15 years of
successful teaching experience that proves what I say is valid, and that is good
enough for me to continue on this path.

The Iceman