[Harp-L] Re: Trumpet Mutes on Harmonicas

Hello, Wetland10.

Try this. Buy a soft drink or beer in a can. Drink the contents. Rinse out
the can.

With a can opener, cut off the top of the can (be careful, sharp  edges).

Try the water glass thing with your drink can. Then try it with the removed
top of the can on the audience side of your harp.

What do you hear?

When I was about 19, I bought my first Marine Band 10-hole harp. I did that
with the MB.

Later, I did it again, but before cutting the top off the can, I cut the
harmonica's audience side shape out of the side of the can. Then I cut off the
top of the can, and inserted the harp in the side slot.

It had a great sound. I called it the "Cokeamonica."

Anyway, I don't know if a trumpet mute would work for  you.

John Broecker