Re: [Harp-L] SPAH and Svang

Pauls Davies wrote about trying to get the Finnish harmonica quartet
Svang.

I couldn't let this pass, because they are such a great group!

IN addition, their harmonetta player, Jouko Kyhälä, is also a great
diatonic layer who integrates overblows into many contexts on his own
CDs and that of other Finnish musicians (including something called the
"Lethal Cowbell").

You can check out Sväng on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gtNouc3GI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYGuaQ904E

(These show the more conventional "harmonica band" side of their
repertoire)

and at their website:

http://www.svang.fi/en/index.html

Where you can also hear samples from their CD.

I hope we can get this group at a SPAH convention sometime on the near
future.

Winslow