Re: [Harp-L] Simple Recording Method

"Walter Joyce" wrote:
<Can anyone offer advice for a simple recording setup?
<
<I'd like to record myself acoustically when i practice so I can play it
<back. I'd also like to be able to upload what I record when it gets to <the point where I want to share for critique.

Buy a Zoom H4 for $300. It has everything you need, including decent built in mics, and it's very easy to operate. You'll need headphones or an external speaker to play your recordings back--the H4 has no built in speakers--but everybody has a pair of headphones at least. You can also load the recordings into your computer and play them back using something like Winamp or Windows Media Player.

Download a copy of the free software program Audacity so you can convert the files you create with the Zoom to mp3 format for uploading. (You won't need to convert if you record the files as mp3s to start with in the Zoom, but if you want the best audio quality you'll need to record initially to 24-bit WAVs in the Zoom.)

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter