Re: [Harp-L] Hohner CBH 2016

On Aug 1, 2007, at 6:14 AM, Jeffrey Spoor wrote:

Does anyone know the value of a CBH in average condition? I checked Hohners website and it said that there are replacement reed plate available for 119.95.

Thanks,

Jeffrey
Hi, Jeffrey,

I track CBH 2016s on eBay. I don't write anything down, but I have a sense of their value at auction. In the last year, they have ranged in winning bids from $99 to over $300, sometimes but not always depending on condition. The recent one without a slide button was pulled early, probably as a result of my pointing out to the seller that an unplayable harmonica wasn't worth much. I encouraged them to look into having it fixed. (Mike Easton works on them.)

My guess is that CBH 2016s average out about $200, or a little over. I paid $256 for mine about two years ago, and that appears to be on the high end of what they've sold for since. Mine was not pristine; it reeked of cigaret smoke, and had (still has) three brands of windsavers. But everything works, and it sounds good. The gapping seems to be fine.

I hope this helps. Hohner doesn't have many spare parts for them, but they will work on them. You may want to consider getting an estimate from them before replacing the reedplates. Or see if Easton has the time.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Tom