[Harp-L] San Francisco update

Richard Hunter wrote:
I wrote a few weeks ago that I was going to San Francisco this week, and asked for pointers on harmonica related events in town. Last night I had a great time at a jam session in Redwood City with Greg Heuman, who plays fine harp and bari sax. I'm going to Biscuits & Blues tonight to hear RJ Mischo, who I last heard when he opened for Kim Wilson in SF in 1999 (and who in my opinion was the top harp dog in the room that night), and I just discovered that Rod Piazza is playing the same room tomorrow night.

Lots of harp fun for one trip! Is SF always this harpilated?

Richard - it was good to meet you and even better to hear your fine harp playin! Only wish I could have heard more. Glad you liked my rig.

Is SF always this harpilated? I would venture to say we have one of the finest concentrations of great harmonica players anywhere. I am sure I will forget as many as I mention as I write this list, but the following are all great players/recording artists and live in the area:

Norton Buffalo
Mark Ford
Charlie Musselwhite
Andy Just
Gary Smith
Dave Barrett
James "Loose" Reed
Spencer Jarrett
Kenny Neal
Birdlegg
Phil Berkowitz
Screamin' Iain
Gino Bambino
RJ Mischo (who just moved to the midwest - damn!)

Yeah - you could say we're harpilated!

Cheers

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com