[Harp-L] Seidel Harps

Tone is so darned subjective! Not only that, but tone certainly sounds different to the player and to the audience. I think that most all of the better harps are going to sound "good." "Good," of course, is subjective, and also depends on the setting.
All that obvious stuff being said, I'll tell you that I tried the 1847 at Buckeye, and ended up buying all 4 of the available keys. The ease of playing, and how it sounds on the playing end, is nothing short of, well, just stellar. How long they'll last is a good question, of course - too early to tell.
Seidel has really struck a major chord in me - I may just have to re-think everything I own and what I might want to get later.
The Firebreath looked cool, but I admit I didn't play one.
Anyhow, I know others will give you technical and technological reasons for why it does what it does, how it oscillates, how much bread it will slice, and all that - all I can tell you is that I was/am truly bowled-over by it.

Anybody play both the Firebreath and 1847?

I need to order a couple of harps and am a little
torn.  I have several of the Firebreaths, but if the
Seydel is as easy to ob on and they last a lot
longer....

How does the Seydel tone compared to a Firebreath or
Golden Melody?  I like the GM tone better then the FB,
so if the 1847 is different then the FB that's cool.

Thanks!