[Harp-L] Hering Harmonicas

On 4/23/2007 10:35:45 PM, Daniel Bernard (danielbernard13@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Go to Heringusa.com and take a look at what you get.  Their website is
> down.  What does this mean to you?

Google's last cache of Hering's website with harmonica information on it was captured on February 8, 2007. True, the current address shows no sign of life. Hering pickled? The way they've been run in the past, I would not be surprised if they actually have folded. Guess we shall see... A shame. I still love the Hering Blues harps above most others I've played, and their 1923 Vintage seemed to be so popular! Maybe Madcat has some info, being also a Hering Blues player, I believe; aside from his Filisko/Madcat harps, of course!

I'm thinking Suzuki and Seydel are having an impact big time... and maybe even the new Bends Harmonica in Brazil. However, the way harmonica firms have rebounded throughout history, and with the rather strong capacity for good harmonica production that Hering obviously must still have, I would not be surprised to see Hering regroup and regenerate themselves. It could be they just need new, and *wise*, management.

I'd kind of hate to see Hering sink. Hope they get it together.

Bobbie