[Harp-L] I Want to be Seduced
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] I Want to be Seduced
- From: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:48:25 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=UpW/ujFEH+wULyEHI+QVvGuFYhkLIqMAK751p7VCp+WwIn0icOC3c9foTyHikrWtWNJ89F/PuFwyVq8Z2ijem/d3L0laI3n+uTbeE5m8/DSKaWzbLPH5s7TxQYgYduBD2wOMzMtt6a0J8gj8jbX7q0kBuqphMSbm3tknpGtVKsI=;
This has been rattling around in my head all week.
"I Want to be Seduced" is an old soft-shoe type
tune I remembered from a Leon Redbone cassette
recording I used to have called "Brand to Branch".
Anyway, I decided to try it on harp and it lays out
amazingly well in 2nd position - though you really
need to control your bends on the 2 and 3 draw.
(Song starts on the 1 draw)
Then, attempting it in the 2nd octave proved
challenging as well because of the overbends needed
(7OD, 5OB, 6OB).
However, my efforts have paid off as this is a very
cool song indeed.
I'm wondering if anyone else out there has toyed
around with this oh-so-suggestive bit of Redbone
Harpin' in Colorado,
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and