Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Documentary

James  Thurgood writes:

"I don't think we should be getting ourselves worked up
about this  one way or the other.  Richard Hunter's
observations seemed fair,  and probably helpful to
those with less experience and/or of a less  legalistic
turn of mind.  Chris Michalek's comments are based  on
some personal involvement with the main parties, which
he doesn't  explain in detail, so we can take it how we
will, but his criticisms  apparently aren't coming out
of thin air.  For the rest of us, I  don't see much
point in attacking either the project or Richard  or
Chris.  Probably best just to let it lie; see how it
turns  out ..."

.....well, I'm not one who'd attack either Richard OR Chris...since  both of
their points seem to be valid from their particular perspectives,  but I did
meet Marc at SPAH last year, and had some correspondence and  interaction with
Todd long after they'd begun this immense project.   I was actually a bit glad
to know it hadn't yet been completed so I  could see them in action, meet
them and feel a part of it now that I'm  connected to this Harmonica Community.
It'll be nice, when  I finally see it with friends and family, to be able to
point to  specific performances and say "I was there!".

 I watched Marc hefting a heavy camera while taping show after  show (from
Jason's Annual Harp Blow-Off the day before SPAH), to actual  Seminars and shows
at SPAH itself for the next 3 days.  Not for  anything, but the rest of us
were able to rest and relax every so  often...he hardly got a chance..and then
screened some of it as a favour  for a very appreciative audience on the last
day.. I tried to talk  him into coming up to the Canyon  9 days later for
Robert  Bonfiglio's seminar, thinking a sunset shot of the Canyon would be a neat
way to perhaps tie up the final threads, but he was running out of funds  to
get there.

Come to think of it, I have some pretty decent footage of one really
spectacular Grand Canyon Sunset ..I just might send it to them, now....as  well as
some shots I took of Robert's show to celebrate his  birthday.

While I understand Richard's point of view (as a professional
songwriter)...I also realize that these two young guys have given their  hearts and souls to
bringing the voice of the harmonica to the  public.  What they've done is an
invaluable service for every person  who considers themselves a part of this
community..

 If I was a better songwriter and could come up with a suitable  one, I'd
send it to them in a heartbeat, and I agree with   Damien...who knows what could
come of it later..but if not -  so  what?  You'd be forever known as the
person who wrote the  "Theme".  That's reward enough for some of us, after the
sacrifices  these two have made to promote the harmonica.

Regards

Elizabeth

 These two made this film on a wing and a prayer...gave years of  their lives
to the  project...