[Harp-L] harp film makers

I also spent time with the film makers at SPAH and am impressed with their
integrity and vision.

Hey, documentaries don't make money, with rare, rare exception. I just
reviewed one touring now, called "Indies Under FIre," about independent book
sellers, for which the music, art and much else was donated. It's a great and
important movie...but the filmmakers won't make a dime for their 10 years of work.

There's nothing wrong with asking for a donated song for a movie about an
under-covered topic. And nothing wrong with throwing in some commercial names,
along with the absolutely noncommercial types at SPAH.

I can only think of two recent documentaries that made any money. The
penguins didn't get a cut; and the guy who ate all the McDonalds food paid with the
years he'll lose off his life.

Any success these guys have with this film will spread to all of us harp
players and we should help them out. It's not all about the Benjamins.

good luck guys

brad kava

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.