[Harp-L] RE-:Bonfiglio Chromatic Seminar for Diatonic Players

I hope to answer the many questions about my Seminar from July 30th - Aug 3 in Copake, New York.

The cost is $450 ($650 if you stay at the house where there is room for 6) for 5 days of teaching plus my two methods- scales and arpeggios and the Bona Rhythm Etudes. I sell those methods normally for $100 each. There is camping and inns nearby, just ask me.

This is real technique, not some 5 easy minutes to playing the harmonica.

This seminar is for all levels of players. People with a higher level of expertise on chromatic will learn teaching pedagogy and reinforce the fundamentals of chromatic play.

It moves very fast and will give you stuff to practice and how to practice for the next ten years which is what all musicians do. Everything will be covered from corner switch, tone, phrasing, rhythm, reading, scales, etc.

The house is in Copake, New York. We are near all kinds of hiking, biking, swimming, camping, etc. and only a train ride to New York City. If you stay at the house, you are free to use all the kitchen, etc but food is not covered, however the General Store is available and we will do food and beer runs.

WE do cover the "how to's" on chromatic plus, repair, plates, and tuning. I had about 18 players last time and everyone I talked to had their harmonica life changed; plus we had a good time!!

The next step will be a refundable deposit of $100 to me, just to avoid last minute pullouts. I will have allow you to pull out up to one week before the seminar without losing the deposit.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
280 Riverside Drive #3B
New York, NY 10025

Here is a TV testimonial from Randy Singer:

Bonfiglio Chromatic Seminar for Diatonic and Chromatic Players

wowow,

what a great idea!!!!!

I have to thank robert for cracking the whip on me in the '80's.

I was living in NYC and only playing diatonic harmonica. I went to the
Turtle Bay Music  School because I had received information that
chromatic instruction was taught by Robert Bonfiglio.

For many months, Robert got out his proverbial whip and forced me to
learn all the scales, arpeggios and sightreading. I absolutely hated it
but did what was asked of me. Little did I know that this short time of
my life with Robert would turn out to be the most important part of my
harmonica life.

His curriculum of music and discipline has penetrated every part of my
harmonica life, both diatonic and chromatic. With his teaching, I was
able to play serious music in any style (I already had the wild side).
There is no type of music that I am out of touch with now.  When I
improvise, I can actually "see" the notes of the harmonica in my head
so navigating tricky parts is easier because my "blind" instrument now
is not so blind anymore. Most harmonica players have poor study habits
and it shows. Robert gave me the ability to "see", as well as to
practice efficiently and diligently.

I absolutely endorse Robert in his methodology and purpose. Keep in
mind you do not have to even like classical music to  get the most out
of his teaching. Classical music is the vehicle to learn to MASTER the
harmonica.

Take advantage of his opportunity to study with Robert. I absolutely
could not overstate this.

Robert taught me PRECISION, DISCIPLINE, SIGHTREADING, INTONATION AND
FLUIDITY.

There is only so much one can learn from tapes, cd's , hanging out at
harmonica festivals and just "jamming along with a record" or a few
friends.

One needs to sit at the feet of a master and soak it in and do what is
asked.

a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

If you sow short term pain you will reap long term pleasure.

The effort is worth it.

thanks Robert!!

sincerely,

randy singer