From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of samblancato
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:57 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] West coast blues - the changes

Hi Folks,

Has anyone ever tried to tackle Wes Montgomery's "West Coast Blues"?  I
wondering how hard it would be to handle it on a short harp; I'm guessing
pretty hard, even with OBs.  But I'm thinking it might be a nice piece for
the chromatic.  It's an I-IV-V progression but with this other couple of
chords in there and I wondering how I might figure out, with my limited
command of theory what those other changes are.  They just change the
character of the whole song, giving it this sweet, wistful groove.  If
anybody knows a site where they lay out chord progressions for songs I'd
love to know it or at least the changes for this song.