Fwd: [Harp-L] FX Pedals Through PA

Jonathan,
This page at Richard Hunter's site might be useful.
http://www.hunterharp.com/ddamppa.html

The Holmes Engineering's Harp Commander is great for what you are talking about, but is
probably  more $$$ than you had in mind.  He (Ron Holmes) has a HC III that is $399 I
think.

Good luck.

--John K.

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jonathan Metts" <jonathan@...> wrote:

I learned last week that my little solid-state amp is not good enough for
on-stage jams -- the line out jack doesn't work, and when we miked the amp,
I got a lot of feedback out of it.  My feelings aren't hurt, as the amp was
a hand-me-down, but I did want to start playing with some distortion at the
blues jam.  Before, I was just plugging my Green Bullet directly into the PA
system, and that works great except I don't have any kind of amplified
sound.

That got me thinking: could I buy a distortion pedal and run my mic through
it and then go directly into the PA?  Right now, I could afford the pedal
much more than I could afford a new amp better suited for harp.  And if this
works, I'll still have the pedals ready to go whenever I do buy a good amp.

Jonathan Metts