Re: [Harp-L] Music Biz

On Apr 6, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Walter Joyce wrote:

I think that it is very rare to find someone who has both the musical creative talent and also at least some business sense.

You're right and everyone knows their names: The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Tony Bennet, fill in your favorite musical act with a 30 plus year career in the heights.

I also know there are a fair amount of unscrupulous people in the music business, but these guys came of as very naive, even after they had some experience, and too willing to give up any responsibility for what happened to them.

They were. They were probably their worst enemies, but not by much. Being dumb or foolish is certainly a handicap. But IMHO people in the music business (and in all businesses) have an obligation to behave ethically and honestly, regardless of who they're dealing with.

Bob

Bob Cohen
Principal, MojoTools Web Design
Blues Harmonica Lessons