RE: [Harp-L] Pete Schmidt backing tracks (or others)

Jon,

First, great post! Second, my main piece of advice to you is to use
paragraphs :^)  When many folks open a message like yours, it's just
intimidating to them and they will delete it or go to the next one.
Break it up into more absorbable chunks and you'll get more folks'
attention. You're not the only one! I've been guilty of this on occasion
too. Of course, less words work better also :^)

Anyhoo - to answer what I think your question is (i.e. something like
the pete schmidt tracks but a more 'band like' setting) I think a great
answer is the "Sittin' in With the Greats" cd. It has some great
musicians like Willie Kent, John Primer, Magic Slim etc on it. I too
loved the Schmidt CDs but found them lacking in preparing me to go to
jam sessions because it was one long instrumental. There were no vocals
and places where I'd have to insert my own 12 or 24 bar solos. This cd
I'm talking about has exactly that. Some classic blues songs with the
space for you to jump in and do your thing, like a real jam might. Check
it out, just google and you'll find it but try to buy from harp stores
first to support them like Coast2Coast Music and Best Lil Harp House.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA