[Harp-L] Straight harp / folk rock?

In a message dated 4/4/2007 4:27:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Any particular harps work better with  a rack and for that kind of playing?
> What instrictional material will  get him down the road to competency?  Any
> recommendations?

I have a tip for your friend.  He can use his harp based on  feel, tone,
tuning intonation etc..  My tip is about the rack itself - the  K & M harmonica
holder is the best I've used.  Put in a search for it  online and u will see
many places that sell it for $24.50.  Here's one  link, which indicates it may be
a product of Bushman Harmonicas, dunno.   All types of harps seems to work
well in this holder.  It was originally  recommended by Madcat Ruth on Harp-L
years ago when the best rack topic  arose.
http://bushmanmusic.com/productdetail/~Model/12NR~/d.html
Re  instructional material, the consensus on this list seems to say that the
Dave  Barrett material is great; and Jerry Portnoy's material is good for
blues.   I have not personally seen either, so listen to what the others say.  I
just saw the Portnoy material for $66 here:
_http://www.harpmaster.com/mcreviews.htm_ (http://www.harpmaster.com/mcreviews.htm)
Ron  - FL Keys