Re: [Harp-L] Re: Music and the American Dream (Making a Living?)

I started out as a full time pro musician back in 1968.
I went on the road touring Europe with my blues band, mostly called "John
Walden Workshop".. We played everywhere!
Got back to the UK from Europe in 1971, and couldn't get any gigs. So  my dad
said "Come and join the family firm, as an accountant. Just till you make
your name playing music"
35 years later I'm still an accountant, and a Doctor of Business
Administration. From time to time I take a few weeks off to go on tour playing  music,
I've played in France Germany Greece Italy Japan Malaysia China Trinidad
Florida North Carolina... And loads of other places. But I've NEVER made  enough
money to support my family by just playing music...
One day I SHALL!
John "Whiteboy" Walden
London
England