Re: [Harp-L] death of live music

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Ralf K. Buschner wrote:

> Unfortunately a guitar is much more attractive for
> youngsters than a harp, and i never heard a boy in the age
> of 15 say "Oh, i really want to learn to play a really hot
> harmonica!".  :-)

I do get that. Guitar is my first instrument.

But, a few years ago, a cousin got married, and after the
wedding, the family was around. Another cousin's boyfriend
had a guitar, and I happened to have a $5 Hohner Blues that
I had gotten OK with.

Anyway, it turns out that my niece saw me and was impressed.
She's doing Suzuki for violin, but she wanted me to teach
her harmonica last time we visited. True, that's a girl of
age 10, not a boy of age 15, but that's still something.

--
Dave Jacoby -- jacoby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   "After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."

        650 days and counting.....