Re: [Harp-L] Question on Hohner 16 Hole Chromatics

Winslow said:
<<The late Doug Tate used to
claim that silver would glide better  in the mouth.>>

Douglas was convinced of this aspect of solid silver or silver plated
mouthpieces on harmonicas.

On Doug's suggestion I got some of my MS Blues Harp cover plates silver
plated, and yes they DO glide smoother in the mouth. The down side is they  need
regular cleaning with some kind of silver polish... Just like old fashioned
silver knives and forks.

Also my ILUS Renaissance chromatic has the nicest smoothest mouthpiece  of
any harp I've ever played, and that is heavily silver plated... But just  needs
polishing regularly!
Best wishes
John "Whiteboy" Walden
London