Re: [Harp-L] Gear lust - recommendation

"Eugene Ryan" wrote:
<Behringer have a new line of "keyboard amp and PA in one" setups.
<The line is called Ultratone KxxxFX - for example K450FX is a 45W amp. <I've had the 45W for about a monthy now, and I've done a few gigs <before making any comments.

<I have to say, this is one great amp, particularly for the price...
<I have an older full-range in one box Behringer PA/amp combo that works
<well, but that is quite heavy and I don't notice a substantial <difference between the newer Ultratones without subwoofer and the <full-range box.

There is probably no difference to hear--harmonica really doesn't produce a lot of sound below 100 hZ, so the subwoofer would have very little to do. And that amp does sound like a great deal. Stick an amp modeler on top of it and you have a lightweight, powerful setup with a lot of different sounds.

However, you may want to try running a line out to the big amp while you have the pitch shifter engaged, and see if you're generating any low end with that effect that's not being reproduced by your new setup.

I own a couple of pieces of Behringer gear myself, and they generally offer a lot of performance for the price. You find Behringer stuff in a lot of pro studios, not in the most critical roles usually, but in places where good enough is just plain good enough.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com