Re: [Harp-L] Old-Time Harmonica

Hi Trip

That "Five Miles of Ellum Wood" is a fine tune. I learned it off a tape of the great fiddler Bruce Greene where he mentions in the notes having heard it first on banjo in Kentucky, and later on fiddle by someone in West Virginia. Is that version you play one that you picked up in WV?

Cheers,
Jim
[Listen to Roots Harmonica at http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Henderson, Peter" <Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
Here's a link to my MY SPACE site where on the tune "Five Miles of Ellum Wood" I duet with an old time fiddler. You'll hear what I'm talking about.

http://www.myspace.com/triphenderson
<snip>
I've been playing for 30 years and I started with old time while I was living in West Virginia.
<snip>