To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:40 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] harmonica frarmonica Frank on YouTube

For those of u who may not have been intriuged enough by the subject of this post, below is a simple copy and paste from the webpage, a description that does it better justice. Interesting, imo. Once again, here is the link or URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-NqSesZCQ
ron

The amazing Harmonica Frank Floyd, who recorded a couple of records for Sun Records and Chess Records in the early 1950s. Floyd was a modern day hobo; no one knew anything about him, and because he disappeared from the scene after these early recordings, many later blues fans and researchers assumed he was a black artist based on the bluesy sound of his records. He was a one-man band, playing the harmonica held in his mouth like a cigar. This was a trick that Sonny Boy Williamson II occasionally employed as a gimmick, but for Frank Floyd it was no gimmick - it was the ONLY way he played. It's unknown whether Sonny Boy or Frank did it first, since they were on the scene at the same time, but it's pretty obvious who did it better.