[Harp-L] Improving speed on the harp

Thanks everyone for all the sugestions on practice routines to increase speed. I really like Jason Ricci's patterns moving through the blues scale, one down, two up, etc... He showed a few of us this pattern at the Gindick Jam camp in Atlanta but I had forgotten it - I wasn't ready at that time to work on that anyway. Now I am. I also liked the triplet patterns from Michael Fugazzi.

  I just got David Barrett's scale book and it appears to have some good patterns to work on. I'l probably also get Richard Hunters book.

  As usual I have way too much to work on. It seems like everytime I learn a new thing or accomplish something on the harp I learn about 2 more things I need to work on. Its a moving target and a lifetime project :-)

  Jim McBride