Re: [Harp-L] An Addition to "Beeswax Sealing and Customizing Marine Bands"

I never used bee's wax. I always used Vick's Vapo-Rub.
smokey-joe with 'Kiss my Brass'

On Sep 20, 2006, at 6:13 PM, D.A. Stewart wrote

As a maker of stringed instruments (and varnish for them) I have some knowledge of the dangers inherent in heating flammable components. I thought it might be in everyone's interest to add the following information to the instructions. It comes from the Wikipedia entry for beeswax: