Re: [Harp-L] Re: Suzuki Firebreath Problems

Perhaps we should consider the fact that Richard Hunter is known to play Lee
Oskar harmonicas. They are legendary for their longevity. A failed reed on a
harp with a low odometer reading would be noteworthy to someone accustomed to
long lasting harps.

I only know Mr. Hunter through the list and his web page, but he seems to be
thoughtful and objective in his assessments of harps and harp gear. I, and I
suspect many others, value his evaluations. If this was a fluke, I have no
doubt that we will hear that too.

With all due respect to all of the interested parties, even if he had reported
the failure to the manufacturer and they sent him a replacement, which he no
doubt would report, that would be a report on customer service, not harp
quality. We may still get that report. But it would not change the reality of
the premature failure that he experienced. If he, or others on the list,
experiences more failures, should they be silent? Why even bother to give or
read reviews written by someone who only reports part of what he knows.

Given that he gave initial favorable reviews of the harp, would it be even
ethical for him to not report the lonely negative?

Peace and music,
Dave