[Harp-L] Harp workshop this Saturday in Brooklyn, NY

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the thoughtful post.  Randy Weinstein from my band The
Brooklyn Corn Dodgers and also Hazmat Modine has had good things to say
about the Seydels. He loves those chords!

If you are around this Saturday I'm giving a harp workshop at the Park
slope Jamboree and will be demonstrating strategies on how to play
fiddle tunes with banjo back up, how to play in unison with a fiddler
and the same for button accordion when playing Cajun or Creole styles.
I'll be joined by Rena Rubin on guitar, fiddle and diatonic accordion -
she's a consummate musician and oddly loves to back Randy and myself
while we duet on fiddle tunes.  My workshop starts 12:30 and there's
picking and blowing all day and a fine concert at night - all for
$4.00!!!

Hope you can make it!

Trip

9th Annual Park Slope
Old-Time & Bluegrass Jamboree
Saturday, Sept 16, 12:30pm-10pm
$4 (that's right, four dollars for all day)

12:30 - 1:40 - Workshops - 1st session
-Fiddle - Bridging the Gap between Old-Time and Bluegrass Styles - Bill
Christophersen
-Mandolin - Mark Farrell
-Guitar Maintenance & Repair (Bring Me Your Axe) - A Diagnostic
Workshop (Dr. Frets will diagnose your instrument's ailment and suggest
remedies.) - Bob Jones
-Harmonica (Old Time and Creole Styles: Working with Fiddlers and Box
Players) - Trip Henderson

1:50 - 3:00 - Workshops - 2nd session
-Old-Time Fiddle - Matt Brown
-Bluegrass Harmony Singing - Bob Green w/Russell Scholl & Lisa Asher
-Old-Time Guitar - Tom Paley
-Old-Time Banjo: Clawhammer Banjo From Soup To Nuts - Steve Arkin

12:30 - 6:00 (and beyond) - Jamming

5:00 - 6:00 - What's for Dinner, Grandpa? (Vittles in the sunroom)

6:00 - 10:30 - Concerts (note: order of performances subject to change)