[Harp-L] Tuning up the band

Steve writes:

I suspected that the slightly sharp tuning was to give the harp a
slightly
"bright" edge with other instruments.  I always get annoyed when fiddle
players ask me to "give 'em an A" or whatever.   Unless all your harps
are
A440 and equal temperament, that request is a right old can of worms!
It's
always fiddle players, too.  Anyone else noticed that?
Steve,

These days I work a couple of times a week with fiddlers and keep a
tuner in my case for their use and my benefit. Indeed, if a fiddler or
any instrument tunes to the harp they will be somewhere north of 440 and
we all know who sounds out of tune in that case ;->

Trip