From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of James Sterett
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:25 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; Peter Henderson
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] What's the best "off the shelf harmonica" thesedays?

hello, Trip,

while waiting on my small shipment of James Gordon S20s, I've been slowly
building a set of Tim Moyer's $50 "off the shelf" Workingman's harps, the
Journeyman model (plastic comb, $50 Artisan has wood comb.)  I've got no
affiliation with Tim, never even been to Texas, these are my true feelings
based on experience (however, for the right price I may be bought.) For my
money, these are great harps.  Tim has always had the keys I requested in
stock and ready to ship.  I purchased my first Journeyman in May I believe
it was... have been playing it regularly since then, and it stills sounds
just about as sweet as the day I received it.
http://www.workingmansharps.com/Journeyman.html

JIm.

>>> "Henderson, Peter" <Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/12/2006 12:46:44 PM

With my case full of 40 or so Filiskos and Sleighs I haven't bought a new
harp in years, but I have a student who is not so fortunate.  I've seen
various posts regarding new harps by Suzuki, Bushman, The Marine Band
Deluxe, et. I was playing with William Galison this past Sunday and he likes
the Suzuki's with rosewood combs. What's the good stuff these days?

As for case security...trust no one, close it up on breaks and never leave
it alone off stage for even a second - having your name on it a great idea
too. Strange, but bars seem to attract an unsavory bunch - go figure?

Trip Henderson ~ NYC