Re: [Harp-L] Special 20 Tunning

Well, I don't know about the differences between compromise and compromised, and the origins of the denomination. Not being a native speaker, I can't say much about.

The Golden Melody continues to be tuned according to 12 TET.

Hohner harmonicas are usually tuned sharper than A440, even though the stamp on the Marine Band coverplates says othewise, for instance. Call it historical heritance. The actual value is about 442. Some reasons: players do tend to play a little bit flattted. Specially beginners. An instrument which is tuned a little bit higher is usually better accepted than one which is tuned a little bit flat. Orchestras have been tuning considerably higher than 440 for some time now, and this is specially important for chromatic harmonicas. All in all, it is a solution which has been very well accepted by the market.

All the best,
Fernando