[Harp-L] Re: small harp amp

My first amp was a cheap Yamaha amp solid state amp.
When I started to play again, I used a different and
even cheaper Yamaha solid state amp until one of my
friends gave me a really, really old Valco amp.  I
used that for a little while until I built a 5F1
Champ.  I still use the solid state amp from time to
time.

Billy Branch makes very good use of a solid state
Peavey amp.  He gets a killer sound out of it on the
live Taildragger DVD (and CD).

I've heard Carey Bell play through a solid state
Yamaha amp and he sounded great.

I'd buy a solid state and use amp, if I could find a
good one at a good price.  I've found some good ones,
but never at my price point.

Joe