Re: [Harp-L] Diminished tuning (was: Diminishift tuning Body and Soul)

Because of all the thirds present, I have found that focusing on
arpeggios can be a big help in learning the layout.

Try all types of triads, 7ths, 9ths, 11ths, 13ths. They lay surprisingly well.

Try out your harmonic minor scales and any other scales with a minor
third in them as well as the basic major, minor, dorian, etc.

>> At what point do I start introducing actual music into the regimen?

As soon as possible, like Eugene says. But take it slow. Don't worry about whether it feels intuitive or not - at first you may make a lot of mistakes and lose your place (At least I did). But it's simply a matter of time and familiarity. Nothing else.

Also, I have found it useful to play a melody in one key and then move
it up and down in minor thirds.  Take advantage of the patterns that
recur - but also always keep in mind the actual notes you are playing.

And yeah, keep us posted!