Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Case theft deterents

I always keep my harp bag or case on stage and try to never leave it where it might get grabbed. However, there ard no guarantees of safety from thieves.

bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: "Garry Hodgson" <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "c nordstrom" <chad.nordstrom@xxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Case theft deterents

"c nordstrom" <chad.nordstrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How has everyone disguised their harmonica cases (or maybe you do not)?

i do not. my first thought was to make it look like something really unappealing,
like medical waste or the like:
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/BizWaste/Posters/Images/RedBagStkr.gif
but these days, that's likely to invite more trouble than it's worth.

other than that, it seems like most any case is likely to be as inviting
to a thief as a harmonica case. if it looks like a briefcase, it might have
a computer, ipod, or blackberry in it. nowadays, most any case could have
nice goodies that would tempt a thief. so i'm not sure disguising it will
help much.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.