[Harp-L] news flash - Danny Wilson - news flash

Dear Harp-L and friends,

I just received a telephone call from Danny Wilson, requesting that I pass along the following information to the folks on the list.

Danny was ringing from the hospital in Ann Arbor MI, where he had been transferred from the Toronto Hospital. It seems that he and his trio (presumably consisting of Mo and Michael?) were performing for ten days at the Expo in Toronto when Danny suffered a heart attack -- on stage.

Fortunately it was not fatal and neither did he fall. In fact, amazingly, they played two more numbers to finish out the set before he went to the hospital. I believe he said this occurred on August 28th.

I am happy to report that his prognosis is excellent, and that he sounded strong and maintained his sense of humor throughout our conversation. He is scheduled for surgery (aorta repair) on Tuesday, and will be released from the hospital in approximately ten days.

Although I attempted to assure him that everyone's concern would be only for his health and that no one would be too worried about the gig list, Danny asked me to 'apologize' (as though such an apology were necessary!) and to assure folks that he will be back to maintaining the list as soon as he is able.

Danny is not the sort of fellow who seeks attention nor sympathy, so let *me* be the one to embarrass him by asking that you all include him in your thoughts, wishes and prayers. Serious as the situation is, he is lucky that it wasn't even more dire -- but we are even luckier to have Danny Wilson in the world and in our community.

thanks and cheers to all,
Tom Ball