RE: [Harp-L] "pop" harp

In the vein of Chris's Billy Joel nomination for "Piano Man", I humbly
submit for "pop" 10-hole icon

Jimmy Fadden - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ("Mr. Bojangles")

In a previous harp-l thread I suggested that (IMO IMO IMO) Mr. Fadden's
backing/solo on that song may have been heard by more people, more times,
than any other harmonica playing in history, although I guess Mr. Joel and
Mr. Lennon may give him a run for his money what with the classic
rock-oldies radio play phenomena.  Since I think the Dirt Band's hit
preceded Mr. Joel's by a few years, I'll stick with Jimmy !!! (Plus he was
interviewed in the latest Harmonica Happenings - way cool).

Fred S