Re: [Harp-L] Making a Low Tuned C

The problems you described probably have nothing to do with your
methods of tuning.

The problems with bending Draw 1 and 2 have to do with the low pitches.
If you purchased a Hohner 364 in low C you would have the same
problems. Getting those low bends takes practice, and a BIG oral
cavity.

The rattle problems is because Draw 1 is swinging so widely that it is
hitting the coverplate. Figure out the spot or area where contact
occurs and use a punch and hammer to punch out a little dome in the
cover (lay the cover on soft wood, perhaps with an indentation drilled
out). This can create enough clearance in the cover to prevent contact.
Again, you can have the same problems with a stock low C. Playing
softly can help, but isn't always desirable for playing style or
volume.

Winslow