From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Hines
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:48 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Opinion Pecking Order

I agree with Larry. I think that because we have so many strong and opinionated players here, it intimidates folks that are beginner/intermediate from asking questions. Shouldn't be that way. When folks ask these questions, then the legions of other beginner/intermediate lurkers learn from the answers. And this is not to say that the strong and opinionated players should be any less so either.

I've never seen anyone here be rude to someone that asked a rookie question, although as we see sometimes the luminaries are rude to each other, haha (it's all about passion...). So please folks come on out of the woodwork. I know you're out there because AFAIK harp-l has the largest and most active membership of any harp discussion list, yet I see these types of questions on the other ones I've stopped by, so it's odd to not see more of them here.

Bill Hines